Scholarly work from ISBN members
(includes publications, books, chapters, proceedings)
Jawaharlal Nehru University
19. Binay Panda, Pawan K Dhar, Building Biofoundry India: challenges and path forward, Synthetic Biology, 2021; ysab015
18. Singh V, Braddick D, Dhar PK. Exploring the potential of genome editing CRISPR-Cas9 technology. Gene 2017: 599, 1-18.
17. Pawan K. Dhar, Satya Prakash Dash, Deepak Singh. Synthetic Biology and the responsible futures. BioVoice 2016: 2, 28-30
16. Singh V, Dhar PK. Systems and Synthetic Biology book, Springer, 2015
15. Varughese D, AS. Nair, PK. Dhar. Function Annotation of Novel Peptides Generated from the non- expressing genome of
Drosophila melanogaster. Bioinformation 2017: 13(1):17-20.
14. P.R.Shidhi, Prashanth Suravajhala, Aysha Nayeema, Achuthsankar S. Nair, Shailja Singh and Pawan K. Dhar. Making novel
proteins from pseudogenes. Bioinformatics 2015: 31(1):33-9.
13. Navya Raj, Agnes Helen, N. Manoj, Harish G., Vipin Thomas, Shailja Singh, Seema Sehrawat, Shaguna Seth, Achuthsankar S.
Nair, Pawan K. Dhar. In silico study of peptide inhibitors against BACE Syst Synth Biol 2015 9: 67-72
12. Krishnan R, Vinod Kumar, Vivek Ananth, Shailja Singh, Achuthsankar S. Nair, Pawan K. Dhar. Computational identification of
novel microRNAs and their targets in the malarial vector. Anopheles stephensi. Syst Synth Biol 2015: 9: 11-7.
11. Singh D and PK Dhar. Exploring the Future of Synthetic Biology in India and its probable pathways from Infancy to Maturity.
Curr Synthetic Sys Biol 2013, 1: 106
10. Singh, V, I. Mani, DK Chaudhary, PK Dhar. Metabolic Engineering of Biosynthetic Pathway for Production of Renewable
Biofuels. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 2014: 172, 1158-1171
9. Joshi M, SV Kundapura, T Poovaiah, K Ingle, PK Dhar. Discovering Novel Anti-Malarial peptides from the Not-coding
Genome - A Working Hypothesis. Curr Synth Sys Biol 2013, 1:1
8. Dhar PK. Synthetic biology and biomediated synthesis of organic chemicals. In the “Impact of scientific developments on
the chemical weapons convention” IUPAC technical report Smallwood K, Trapp R, Mathews R, Schmidt B, Sydnes LK (2013)
7. Dhar PK. Will recombinant DNA technology become obsolete? Nature India, Dec 2012
6. Dhar PK (2011): Emerging trends in synthetic biology. In the “Trends in Science and Technology Relevant to the Biological
& Toxin Weapons Convention”. US National Academies of Sciences / Chinese Academies of Sciences ISBN- 13:978-0-309-20929-8
5. Dhar PK (2010): Synthetic Biology in India and Japan. In the “Synthetic Biology from Science to Governance”
European Science Commission workshop Brussels. The report described our work “potentially ground breaking”
4. Dhar PK. Hacking the genetic code. Nature India, Aug 2011
3. Dhar PK. Making a genome. Nature India, April 2011
2. Krishnan R et al. Building momentum for systems and synthetic biology in India. Sys Syn Biol. 2010: 4, 237-40
1. Dhar PK et al. Synthesizing non-natural parts from natural genomic template. J. Biol. Engg. 2009: 3, 2