Synthetic Biology publications
7. Sharma P, PK Dhar. Synthetic biology and biodiversity. Asian Biotech Dev. Review 2021: 23 (in press)
6. Verma N, PK Dhar. Navigating the technology landscape in Synthetic Biology Asian Biotech Dev. Review 2021: 23 (3), 13-21
5. Sathyarajan S, B. Pisupati, N.Verma, PK Dhar. Regulating risks in synthetic biology. Asian Biotech Dev. Review 2021: 23 (3)
4. Panda B, PK Dhar. Running and managing shared resources for scientific research: A model from biofoundry. Asian
Biotech Dev. Review 2021: 23 (in press)
3. Das M, PK Dhar. What is Synthetic Biology? Asian Biotech Dev Review 2021: 23 93), 5-12
2. Pawan K. Dhar, Satya Prakash Dash, Deepak Singh. Synthetic Biology and the responsible futures. BioVoice 2016: 2, 28-30
1. Singh D and PK Dhar. Exploring the Future of Synthetic Biology in India and its probable pathways from Infancy to
Maturity. Curr Synthetic Sys Biol 2013, 1: 106
COMPUTATIONAL / EXPERIMENTAL
19. Chakrabarti A et al. tREPs - a new class of functional t RNA encoded peptides. ACS Omega (2022, accepted)
18. Panda B, Pawan K. Dhar. Building Biofoundry India: Challenges and Path Forward. Synth. Biol (Oxf) 2021, 6(1):y`sab015
17. Singh V, Braddick D, Dhar PK. Exploring the potential of genome editing CRISPR-Cas9 technology. Gene. 2017: 599, 1-18.
16. Joshi K, Goyal S, Grover S, Jamal S, Singh A, Dhar P, Grover A. Novel group-based QSAR and combinatorial design of
CK-1δ inhibitors as neuroprotective agents. BMC Bioinformatics. 2016: 17(Suppl 19):515.
15. Singh V, Dhar PK. Systems and Synthetic Biology (Springer, 2015) Top 25% downloaded eBook
14. Varughese D, AS. Nair, PK. Dhar. Function Annotation of Novel Peptides Generated from the non-expressing genome
of Drosophila melanogaster. Bioinformation 2017: 13(1):17-20.
13. P.R.Shidhi, Prashanth Suravajhala, Aysha Nayeema, Achuthsankar S. Nair, Shailja Singh and Pawan K. Dhar. Making novel
proteins from pseudogenes. Bioinformatics. 2015: 31(1):33-9.
12. Navya Raj, Agnes Helen, N. Manoj, Harish G., Vipin Thomas, Shailja Singh, Seema Sehrawat, Shaguna Seth, A.S.Nair,
Pawan K. Dhar. In silico study of peptide inhibitors against BACE Sys. Synth.Biol. J. 2015 9: 67-72
11. Krishnan R, Vinod Kumar, Vivek Ananth, Shailja Singh, Achuthsankar S. Nair, Pawan K. Dhar. Computational
identification of novel microRNAs and their targets in the malarial vector. Anopheles stephensi. Sys & Synth.Biol J
2015: 9: 11-7.
10. Singh, V, I. Mani, DK Chaudhary, PK Dhar. Metabolic Engineering of Biosynthetic Pathway for Production of Renewable
Biofuels. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 2014: 172, 1158-1171
9. Joshi M, SV Kundapura, T Poovaiah, K Ingle, PK Dhar. Discovering Novel Anti-Malarial peptides from the Not-coding
Genome - A Working Hypothesis. Curr Synth Sys Biol 2013, 1:1
8. Dhar PK. Synthetic biology and biomediated synthesis of organic chemicals. In the “Impact of scientific developments on
the chemical weapons convention” IUPAC technical report. Smallwood K, Trapp R, Mathews R, Schmidt B, Sydnes LK
7. Dhar PK. Will recombinant DNA technology become obsolete? Nature India, Dec 2012
6. Dhar PK (2011): Emerging trends in synthetic biology. In the “Trends in Science and Technology Relevant to the Biological
& Toxin Weapons Convention”. US National Academies of Sciences. ISBN-13:978-0-309-20929-8
5. Dhar PK (2010): Synthetic Biology in India and Japan. In the “Synthetic Biology from Science to Governance” European
Science Commission meeting, Brussels. The report described our work “potentially ground breaking”
4. Dhar PK. Hacking the genetic code. Nature India, Aug 2011
3. Dhar PK. Making a genome. Nature India, April 2011
2. Krishnan R et al. Building momentum for systems and synthetic biology in India. Sys Syn Biol. 2010: 4, 237-40
1. Dhar PK et al. Synthesizing non-natural parts from natural genomic template. J. Biol. Engg. 2009: 3, 2